Where dreams come true, where the Arab tradition meets modernity and super luxury, where you can live a fairy tale from the Arabian Nights, where all you want or you’re looking for is already present … all that is Dubai.
Dubai (in Arabic دبي, Dubai) is the capital of one of the seven Emirates and is located south of the Persian Gulf in the Arabian Peninsula.
Cocco on the road left its memories in this town as we’ve been living here for three years getting in touch with culture, history and tradition of this so magical and fascinating place.
Inside malls, which are real cities where you can find everything you need, not only shops but also fun. Also, stores with names like Versace, Gucci, Armani, Louis Vuitton. Entertainment, cinema, food court, snow, aquariums and much more, every mall has its own attractions and its architectural style.
Dubai is a city that has very evolved, only 30 years ago instead of fabulous skyscrapers and hotels there was only the desert. Nowadays, however, growth and development brought a modernization both structural and organizational.
But let’s see what you can visit or do in Dubai, we have compiled a list of things that we think are not to be missed:
– Aquaventure Waterpark, located inside the Atlantis Hotel Dubai, newly built in the artificial island Palm Jumeirah. The Park is huge, clean and the staff always present and careful. From steepest slides to the playground area for the youngest ones, everything is designed for everyone’s fun.
– Ski World, ski run, at Mall of the Emirates. A real track inside a shopping center, it seems strange, crazy, but it exists and is designed just as if you were in a real ski place, complete with chair lift that takes you to the top of the track.
– Dubai Ice Rink, an ice rink inside the Dubai Mall. Big track, I would say enormous if you think that it is inside a Mall, where you will find all you need to have fun with the kids.
– The Dubai Fountain, at the Dubai Mall. Spectacular, as a huge fountain where every hour there is a music show, fire and colours that, synchronized by the music, make a real magic show.
– Big Bus Tour. Perfect for those who want to visit the whole city, the bus, equipped with earphones in several languages, will take you to visit museums, souks, mosques, in short, a beautiful way to discover the city.
– Arabian Adventures. This tour, dedicated to the most adventurous and for children over 10 years of age, will take you in the desert with a jeep, where the driver will have fun to drive as a rally driver up and down the sand dunes, like you’re on a roller coaster. After the tour, they will let you take pictures with the camels and in the night, you will dine under the Bedouins tents with belly dancing and traditional Arabic food. Finally, all the lights will be switched off to admire the magnificent starry sky of the desert.
– Beach, at Jumeirah Beach Residence. Long, white beach, clear water and a nice walk for shops, restaurants and kiosks. Thus, sea and shopping all in one place!
– Burj Khalifa with its 829.8 meters og height has achieved the highest building in the world primacy. You can admire the spectacular panorama, take the elevator that takes you in a few seconds to the observation deck located at the 124th floor of the skyscraper. Thanks to powerful telescopes you will be able to admire the city from above and then continue the visit in multimedia exhibitions where you will know the history of the tower, ways and timing of its construction.
– The Dubai Museum which is located inside the Al-Fahidi Fort, dating from the 18th century. Travelling to discover the United Arab Emirates from their expansion due to the oil boom to the old tradition of the Bedouin people.
– Aquarium at the Dubai Mall, spectacular is the only word we have to describe the wonder of this aquarium in the center of the Dubai Mall. Everyone can enjoy the large bath containing many species of fish through a large window which is the world’s largest acrylic glass (32.88 meters wide, 8.3 meters long and 750 mm thick). A Guinness World Record also for the capacity of 10 million liters of water which makes it the largest aquarium all over the world. You will enter a tunnel and you will be completely surrounded by the fish, to enter later the marine zoo (the latter not for free) and admire the different species of fish, from the smallest and coloured ones to the sharks.
These are just some of the things that you can explore and live at 360° in Dubai. This city with its Middle Eastern flavor, with spices perfumes, with prayers broadcasted every hour from the speakers of the malls, its traditions and its excesses, remains one of the cities with beauties which truly astonish. Its sparkling hotels such as the Burj Al Arab that inside has extra luxury suite at a not affordable prices, but you can still visit the hotel inside, lobbies and restaurants open to everybody, as in all the hotels in this town.
We are very excited while writing of our memories, which join the pictures we keep of that period and when we speak of time spent in this city we always have interesting stories related to the extraordinary and eccentric way of life that is in the standard of this place.
We stress on a very important matter: remember that you are in a country with different laws from ours, always respect their traditions and always ask at the hotel reception for any information or to the appointees if you are traveling with a cruise. There are no dangers but travelling informed is always useful if you are in countries with different laws from ours.
We wish you an eccentric and wonderful trip!
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A TRIP TO DUBAI, COCCO ON THE ROAD RECOMMEND THE PROPOSAL OF THE BEST HOLIDAYS:
For contact The Best Holidays:
thebestholidays “travel low cost”